We are currently seeking a Junior Designer:
The Junior Designer should have 1-3 years of related experience (preferably in residential design). The Junior Designer is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of one or more projects at a time under the direct supervision of a Project Manager or Job Captain. He or she is responsible for daily architectural duties including computer and manual drafting, preparation of renderings, models and other design presentations, and working as a resourceful and flexible team member.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Work closely and under the direction of the Project Manager or Job Captain for each project.
· Assisting Principal, Studio Director, Project Managers and Job Captain with the implementation of design direction.
· Preparing materials for Design Reviews with Principal and Studio Directors.
· Assist in the development and documentation of firm projects through developing conceptual sketches into design presentations.
· Developing sketch details into CAD drawings and other project drafting tasks.
· Researching zoning and building code requirements impacting the project and preparation of site analysis.
· Composing of transmittals, meeting notes, and other correspondence necessary for a project.
· Maintaining logs and records necessary to manage a project (including shop drawing, submittal and site visit logs, project correspondence binders, flat file organization and routine archiving).
· Support the Project Manager or Job Captain during Contract Administration as required (including coordination with the general contractor, vendors & subs, periodic site visits (as appropriate), preparation of SK’s, review of shop drawings, and organization & preparation of the project closeout documents).
Applicant must possess strong technical, graphic and oral communication skills, self-motivation and be an excellent team player. Strong working skills using AutoCAD or greater is required. Experience with classical/traditional residential architecture is highly preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and a copy of several portfolio images to firstname.lastname@example.org.