We are always looking for talented people to join our team.
Please send inquiries to the attention of Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. P. Schafer Architect, DPC
New York, NY
The Job Captain should have a minimum of 5 years of related experience. The Job Captain is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of one or more projects at a time under the supervision of a Project Manager, and delegating and coordinating project tasks among junior members of a project team as well as consultants for the project.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Developing conceptual design sketches into design presentations and performing various design-related tasks.
– Responsible for drafting (with the assistance of other team members when appropriate) and coordinating a project’s construction documents.
– Coordination with project consultants.
– Coordination of materials and color palettes for presentations.
– Research and coordination of public agency requirements and preparation of site analysis.
– Composing of transmittals, meeting notes, and other correspondence necessary for a project.
– Maintaining logs and records necessary to manage a project (including shop drawing, submittal and site visit logs, project correspondence binders, flat file organization and routine archiving).
– Support the Project Manager during Contract Administration as required (including coordination with the general contractor, vendors & subs, periodic site visits (as appropriate), preparation of SK’s, review of shop drawings, and organization & preparation of the project closeout documents).
Applicant must have at least 5 years of experience in high-end, traditional residential design and possess strong technical, graphic and oral communication skills, self-motivation and be an excellent team player. Strong working skills using AutoCAD 2016 or greater is required. Experience with classical design is highly preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and a copy of several portfolio images to email@example.com.