We are always looking for talented people to join our team.
Please send inquiries to the attention of Career Services at email@example.com.
G. P. Schafer Architect, DPC
New York, NY
The Job Captain should have a minimum of 6-8 years of related experience. The Job Captain is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of one or more projects at a time under the supervision of a Project Manager, and delegating and coordinating project tasks among junior members of a project team as well as consultants for the project.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Developing conceptual design sketches into design presentations and performing various design-related tasks.
– Responsible for drafting (with the assistance of other team members when appropriate) and coordinating a project’s construction documents.
– Coordination with project consultants.
– Coordination of materials and color palettes for presentations.
– Research and coordination of public agency requirements and preparation of site analysis.
– Composing of transmittals, meeting notes, and other correspondence necessary for a project.
– Maintaining logs and records necessary to manage a project (including shop drawing, submittal and site visit logs, project correspondence binders, flat file organization and routine archiving).
– Support the Project Manager during Contract Administration as required (including coordination with the general contractor, vendors & subs, periodic site visits (as appropriate), preparation of SK’s, review of shop drawings, and organization & preparation of the project closeout documents).
Applicant must have at least 6-8 years of experience in high-end residential design and possess strong technical, graphic and oral communication skills, self-motivation and be an excellent team player. Strong working skills using AutoCAD 2018 or greater is required. Experience with classical/traditional residential architecture is highly preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and a PDF of your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.